Experienced Expectations provides a detailed and comprehensive birth preparation for all parents-to-be who are planning a hospital birth. We offer full series classes for first time parents (or those who desire in depth review), as well as private refresher classes for those who have had a baby before. A wide range of birthing techniques and topics are covered in the classes in order that each couple can make informed decisions regarding their own personal birth experience. A sampling of the various topics include:
- Physical Changes in Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Discomforts and Solutions to Lessen Them
- How to Utilize a Birth Preference Form and your Labor Team
- Preterm Labor
- Physical and Emotional Journey of Labor
- Labor Stages: Dilation, Pushing and Delivery.
- When to go to the Hospital and What to Bring
- Relaxation, Imagery, Massage & Breathing Techniques
- Fetal Monitoring
- Natural & Medicated Pain Relief Methods
- Various Labor and Delivery Positions
- Various Labor Tools such as a Birthing Ball, Squatting Bar, etc.
- A variety of Birthing Techniques
- Helpful Ideas for your Labor Coach
- Inductions, Cesareans, and Assisted Vaginal Deliveries.
All classes (excluding the refresher class) include a tour of Rockingham Memorial Hospital’s beautiful, new and up-to-date Family Birthplace, including: Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and an overview of the Newborn Nursery.
The Monday evening full series also offers a 30 minute open Q&A time with an Obstetric Physician, Certified Nurse Midwife or Pediatrician regarding any question or topic of discussion the class desires to discuss. This Q&A time is omitted during the weekend series.