Experienced Expectations offers Comprehensive Classes and Refresher Classes.
The comprehensive childbirth classes are for first time parents or “experienced parents” who would like detailed birth preparation. All comprehensive classes INCLUDE a Hospital Tour of Sentara Family Birthplace.
The Comprehensive Classes are offered in two formats:
– A four week Monday evening series
– A weekend class held on Friday evening/ Saturday. ** Over the holidays, we will offer more weekend class options. **
(If interested in Refresher Classes, please see further down the page for information regarding Refresher Classes)
COMPREHENSIVE CLASS SCHEDULE:
2017 Class Dates:
– September 22 & 23 – Weekend Class
– October 9, 16, 23 & 30 – Monday Series
– November 17 & 18 – Weekend Class
– December 15 & 16 – Weekend Class
2018 Class Dates:
– January 12 & 13 – Weekend Class
– February 5, 12, 19 & 26 – Monday Series
– March 16 & 17 – Weekend Class
– April 9, 16, 23 & 30 – Monday Series
– May 18 & 19 – Weekend Class
All birth class series run on sufficient enrollment.
- The MONDAY EVENING class series runs from 6:30pm – 9:00pm, for a series of 4 weeks
- WEEKEND CLASSES are held on a Friday evening from 6:30pm – 8:30pm & all day Saturday, from 8:30a.m. – 4:00pm
*Refresher classes are also available. The refresher class is a private, one evening condensed class for those who have already had a baby. It is wonderful for parents desiring a review of labor information, but not a full series course. Each refresher class is catered to the specific needs of the couple.
(Private Refresher Classes are 2 1/2 hours in length and can be scheduled by contacting Experienced Expectations).
The comprehensive four week Monday series & the weekend class series are $85 per couple.
Please contact Experienced Expectations for pricing on private classes.
Payment needs to be paid in full within 10 business days of registration. Payments may be made via cash or personal checks. Personal checks are to be made out to “Experienced Expectations, LLC”. Mailing information for payment will be given upon registration.
If registering in person, payment can also be collected by the reception staff at Shenandoah Women’s Healthcare during 8am- 5pm business hours, Monday through Friday.
*** 10% of all class proceeds are donated to Compassion International.
Compassion International is a child advocacy ministry which provides
educational, physical and emotional care to overseas children living
in poverty. To learn more visit: www.compassion.com ***
Experienced Expectations birth classes are currently held in the front reception area of Shenandoah Women’s Healthcare, 240 Lucy Drive in Harrisonburg, Virginia. This is conveniently located behind the Valley Mall and Target. We are very grateful to Shenandoah Women’s Healthcare for allowing Experienced Expectations to hold our childbirth classes in the office space.
All expectant parents are welcome to participate in Experienced Expectations, regardless of the OBGYN practice where they are receiving prenatal care. One does not need to receive prenatal care at Shenandoah Women’s Healthcare to register for these birth preparation classes.